Why not Treat Tinnitus with Acupuncture?
Tinnitus is a very common disease with a high incidence rate, generally seen in the population.
Symptoms of tinnitus are seen in 10-15% of people. This disease is more common in middle-aged and elderly people than young people, with women having a greater risk. Tinnitus a frustrating and will affect the patient’s normal life to a certain extent.
Tinnitus affects hearing, in some severe cases, it may cause deafness. Therefore when symptoms of tinnitus are present, you must not ignore its existence and should immediately seek medical attention as soon as possible.
1. Long-term bad habits, such as frequent excessive drinking of coffee, strong tea, cheese, chocolate, smoking, and alcohol.
2. Poor physical condition, such as frequent fatigue and loss of kidney qi, gradually causing kidney yin deficiency or in other words, kidney aging. Kidney yang gradually declines.
3. Long-term, continuous noisy environment, or lack of air circulation in the environment.
4. Nutritional imbalance, such as lack of trace elements i.e iron and zinc due to diet preference.
5. Too much psychological pressure, or has encountered bad psychological stimulation.
Tinnitus is closely related to insomnia and anxiety, and these two may comorbid with tinnitus.
Traditional Chinese Medicine Treatment ways:
(1) Method of selecting acupoints: There is acupoint selection around the ear meridian selection.
The dominant acupoints used are Tinggong, Wangu, Yanglao, Zhongzhu. Acupoints are matched with corresponding acupuncture points according to the syndrome differentiation. The treatment course is around 10 times.
(2) Ear pressure burying method: take the main acupoints from Shenmen, inner ear, adrenal glands, and cortex. Apply pressure on the ear point, press and knead it to a degree that it can be tolerated, change it once every 2 days, apply on both ears alternately. Press 3 to 4 times a day for 5 to 10 minutes each time, until there is redness on the ear auricle.
(3) Scalp acupuncture: take the ringing area, keep the needle for 30 minutes, once a day, 10 times as a treatment course.
Daily life adjustment:
(1) Work and rest on time to ensure adequate sleep; exercise regularly and scientifically; avoid overwork.
(2) Improve the working and living environment, avoid exposure to strong sounds or noises, and keep the environment empty, and ensure there is airflow.
(3) Balanced nutrition, eat more vegetables containing vitamins, iron, zinc, and other trace elements.
(4) Avoid ingesting some irritating substances, such as cola; quit smoking, alcohol, and chocolate.
If you need professional treatment, please call 09 3601229 or make an appointment online here