Virginia Jin Practitioner of Traditional Chinese Medicine, has 20 years health Science experiences both in China and New Zealand.
A bachelor of Health Science of Acupuncture in New Zealand (NZ), as well as many years of experiences in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) at hospitals. Ponsonby Wellness was set up by Virginia in 2012, located in Ponsonby, and she received great feedback from her patients. Virginia treats various pains such as migraines, period pains, muscle pain and her treatments are also very successful with fertility life, gynecologic disorder and women health care.
Virginia has proven to help with anxiety, depression, stress and insomnia.
Virginia uses fewer needles and Chinese herbal medicines in her methods to help you recover as soon as possible.
Using an alternative and natural way without any Meds, she has confidence and is experienced in helping her patients to recover from illnesses.
Virginia combined TCM therapy and modern medicine to help her patients to get the best treatments to plan for a better health.
- A family of 5 generations in Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM)
- Bachelor of Health Science, NZ registered acupuncturist provided by NZ Acupuncture Standards Authority (NZASA), Approved ACC
- Diploma of Science in Pharmaceutical
- Bachelor of Finance and Economics
- Dr Rona Wang represents gynecopathy in- NZ, 2009
- Presented by professor Shou Xiao Yun Chinese pulse and Diagnosis workshop in- Auckland, 2011
- Master Qi Yong Navel Acupuncture workshop in- China, 2015
- Master Miao Zhen/Miao Kai’s Royalty Fitness Muscle Strength Manipulation Therapy & Acupuncture Channel in –Auckland NZ, 2017
- Master Zhao Shi Xiao herbal formula treatments in- Auckland, 2018
- Master Miao Zhen/Miao Kai’s Advanced Clinical Assessment and Application of Royalty Fitness Muscle Strength Manipulation Therapy & Acupuncture Channel in Auckland- NZ, 2018
- Presented by Kirsten Wolfe, in Fertile Life Method - NZ, 2019
Ada Zhang, Registered acupuncturist and massage practitioner
Ada believes the occurrence of diseases is caused by the struggle between the vital qi and pathogen which results in disharmony of yin-yang and dysfunction of viscera. Combined with this original ancient philosophy, she likes to use various traditional Chinese medicine theories to diagnose and provide appropriate treatment based on the individual’s syndromes. The purpose of acupuncture is to help the body return to the harmony of yin-yang and to improve health conditions.
The experience of 4 years of education in TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) and 3 years of hospital practice enable her to construct a united understanding of TCM philosophy and acupuncture treatment methods.
Ada’s specialty is on musculoskeletal system diseases, such as acute or chronic pain, sports injury, skeletal injury, and post-stroke muscle and function recoveries.
The method of treatment would be flexible according to individuals’ differences, including acupuncture, cupping, Guasha, Tuina, and massage. Moreover, she likes to pay special attention to communicating with clients about their lifestyles and provide suggestions on sleeping habits, daily diets, and the appropriate way of using muscles to prevent injury. The purpose of her treatment is not only to cure the current disease but also to encourage people to make healthier lifestyle choices.
- Postgraduate Diploma of Health Science in the University of Auckland, NZ registered acupuncturist provided by Acupuncture NZ (AcNZ).
- ACC-registered health provider as an acupuncturist.
- Bachelor of Acupuncture and Tuina. Tuina generally include relaxation massage, deep tissue massage, myofascial release therapy.
Sally, Registered acupuncturist and massage practitioner
Sally has studied her Bachelor of Health Science majoring in Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine in New Zealand.
She has experience in working with different health professionals such as Chiropractors and Physiotherapists for several years in New Zealand.
Sally has experience with treating a dynamic range of patients, such as Sciatica, Nerve disorder, Pain, Sprain and strain of muscle, any types of injuries, and Migraine.
She is an empathetic person who is attentive to patients’ needs and intervenes to the satisfaction of the patient. She seeks for a diverse way to help her patients’ recovery and for them to be able to maintain a healthy lifestyle. She interacts with each patient to understand the fundamental cause of the disease or injury. Hence, to enhance the treatment effect and apply according to the individual’s needs.
Her goal is to deliver a memorable experience and to work efficiently to provide satisfying treatment to each and every patient.
Her treatment methods can differ depending on the need of each person, such as, acupuncture, moving cupping or cupping, electrical needling, moxa, and guasha.
- Bachelor of Health Science majoring in Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine
- NZ registered acupuncturist provided by NZ Acupuncture Standards Authority (NZASA)
- ACC registered health provider as an Acupuncturist.
Amber Yu, receptionist & digital marketer
Amber is our receptionist and digital marketer. She took three years to get the Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in China, and then she went to Europe and got the Bachelor of Marketing degree in the Netherlands. After that, Amber moved to New Zealand and graduated as a Master of Marketing at the University of Auckland.
She is optimistic, cheerful, sympathetic, and loves travelling.
She takes care of:
- phone calls and bookings.
- patients contacts and communications
- general emails and Facebook messages.
- website blog updates and administrations
We don’t believe in a ‘one size fits all’ approach, so you’re treated as an individual at every step during the assessment and treatment plan.
Easy booking process
We know you’re busy, so we make the booking process as easy as possible. Booking online https://ponsonbywellness.simplybook.me/v2/ or call (09) 360-1229
Central location with a maximum of 2 hours free parking around Brown and surrounding streets.